Fairfield Intermediate School

(07) 855 9718 261 Clarkin Road, Hamilton, New Zealand
Whakaharahara ākonga, Whakaharahara wāhi
Exceptional Learners, Exceptional Place

Enrolments for 2019

IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE

Last Day to Meet re Class Placement         Friday 2 November 2018

Enrolments to School by                             Friday 2 November 2018

School Office Opens 

9.00 am – 3.00 pm                       from Monday 21 January 2019

School Open to Meet Teachers 

8.00 am – 12.30 pm                                 Friday 25 January 2019

School Starts @ 8.45 am                          Tuesday 29 January 2019

Enrolment packs for the 2019 year are available from the school office.

Packs are delivered to all our contributing primary schools for every Year 6 student each year. These schools are:

Hukanui, Insoll, Fairfield, Bankwood, Woodstock and Pukete.

If you have a child who is not attending these schools, and you would like an enrolment pack sent to you, please phone our office to have one posted.

School costs for 2019 are:

Making Connections EOTC Day
$  40.00
Create Fees
$100.00
School Donation
$  50.00
Printing/Materials Fee
$  20.00
Stationery
$  30.00

Automatic payments may be started now (2018) to ensure your child is eligible to participate in all school activities.   To commence an automatic payment schedule please contact our school office to discuss - 8.00 am to 4.00 pm.

Stationery is available to purchase online at myschool.co.nz from 1 December 2018.

2019 Class Structure / Digital Curriculum

All classes will have a digital aspect to them allowing students to bring their own devices and access the internet via a monitored school server.   There are also two accelerate classes.

Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) 

All BYOD devices can be accepted at Fairfield Intermediate, however some are definitely more equipped than others to handle what we do here in the classroom and around the school.

If price is the factor, go with a Chromebook that has at least 4GB Ram, these are internet based machines that allow students to browse the web and be on google drive. So anything online is accessible.

Laptops, however, are far superior and are reasonably priced now. They can download apps to use in the classroom, such as Word and Sketch-Up for tech drawing. They last longer and they have more ease of use.  HP and Mac are the two most reliable brands in laptops.

I-pad and other tablets are suitable if nothing else is available, but are not suitable for typing up work and they have too many apps that are easily distractable for students.

Notebooks are cheap as they are small laptop versions, but they have a lifespan of around 6 months before they start to slow down and the batteries do not last longer than a block of learning. Avoid these if you can help it.

Mobile phones are not permitted to be used at Fairfield Intermediate as a BYOD.

Uniform
Fairfield Intermediate School's uniform is sold at NZ Uniforms. They are located at the corner of Tristram and Rostrevor Streets (the black Canterbury building – opposite Founders' Theatre). NZ Uniforms offers a payment system - see them now to arrange.

There is plenty of FREE PARKING at the rear of the building. Their current shop hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm and Saturday from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm.

Online details are at:  http://fairfield.nzuniforms.com/

Phone: (07) 839 4550

Free Phone: 0800 698 643

A small amount of second hand clothing is available from school. If you wish to donate any items of uniform, please hand them in to the school reception. Thank you.