Fairfield Intermediate School

(07) 855 9718 261 Clarkin Road, Hamilton, New Zealand
Whakaharahara ākonga, Whakaharahara wāhi
Exceptional Learners, Exceptional Place

Technology and Arts Department

During the year, students at Fairfield Intermediate will experience six specialist subjects; Music, Visual Arts, Workshop Technology, Science, Hauora and Design and Visual Communication (DVC). Students will be placed in mixed groups from the classes in their House and will attend these classes twice a week. Students will have twelve lessons in each subject. The twelfth lesson is a community day when students will be sharing what they have learnt and demonstrating their skills for whānau, their classroom teachers and the schools senior management. There are six community days during the year and the Technology and Arts Department are looking forward to sharing the student’s achievements with you.

Community Days

Although we have an open door policy at Fairfield Intermediate, our Community Days are special days we have planned for, to give our community an opportunity to be involved in our classes and the children’s learning. Often at this age, students aren’t always keen to share their learning with family, however THE TEACHERS ARE EXCITED TO SEE YOU AND SHARE WITH YOU!  We will ensure you have plenty of notice of the dates and times of the community days throughout the year. You will find that these dates and times will be published in school newsletters, on the school Facebook site and in the student notices. Student will also know when the community day is for their House, as they will be working towards developing their skills and knowledge so they are ready to share their learning outcomes with you.

“SEE YOU AT COMMUNITY DAY!”