Fairfield Intermediate School

(07) 855 9718 261 Clarkin Road, Hamilton, New Zealand
Whakaharahara ākonga, Whakaharahara wāhi
Exceptional Learners, Exceptional Place

We hope that you have managed to have a nice school holiday break in the current unusual circumstances over the last two weeks and have been able to spend some quality time together as a family. As most of you will be aware, term two commences tomorrow, Wednesday 15 April, which means that we are back into our distance learning.

We understand that full online learning from home is a new situation for everyone at this time and ask for your support and patience as we continue to educate our students, engaging them in our planned classroom and Technology and Arts Department programmes. We also appreciate that for many of you this can be a stressful time as you are managing work, possible financial stresses and of course your family during this time. We will endeavour to keep our processes as straightforward as possible, but please don’t hesitate in contacting your child’s classroom teacher should you have any queries or would like any clarification around the learning.

Before the Alert Level 4 lockdown commenced, classroom teachers and Technology and Arts Department teachers emailed students digitally inviting them to join their online classrooms. Thank you to the students who have already accepted this online invitation and completed learning for the end of term one. If students have not checked their school emails yet to join Google Classroom or Google Hangouts they are expected to do so by Wednesday 15 April please.

Our community remains strong when we work together, supporting each other. Continue to follow our Facebook page, Skool Loop, website and emails for any updates. Please take care of yourselves and your whanau at this time.