Fairfield Intermediate School

(07) 855 9718 261 Clarkin Road, Hamilton, New Zealand
Whakaharahara ākonga, Whakaharahara wāhi
Exceptional Learners, Exceptional Place

Expectations for online learning at home:

• Students are to regularly check their emails so that they are aware of their daily timetable.

• Students are to attend online meetings with their classroom teacher at the time specified by the teacher. We suggest having their device ready to go beforehand so that they remain prompt.

• Students are to complete assigned learning from their classroom teacher in the timeframe specified.

• Students are to join their Technology and Arts Department Google Classrooms and complete their learning. Lessons have been specifically adapted so that if there is a practical component, basic household items can be used and a variety of substitutions are suggested.

•Teachers are available to communicate with students and parents via email during school hours - 8:30am to 3.00pm. As we are aware that many parents are currently working from home with a family present, which is not an ideal work environment and can be stressful, please also be aware that our staff are in the same situation. These are unprecedented times and we are all intent on doing our absolute best for the benefit of the students.

Those students with no access to devices or internet were contacted before lockdown commenced and paper copies of learning were made and distributed for both the holiday period and the first two weeks of term two. As we are restricted from entering school grounds, we are unable to access more hard copy packs for those who did not receive one. The Ministry of Education are currently distributing their hard copy packs and possible devices for students who do not have these to use at home. Again, we ask for your patience with this.