Fairfield Intermediate School

(07) 855 9718 261 Clarkin Road, Hamilton, New Zealand
Whakaharahara ākonga, Whakaharahara wāhi
Exceptional Learners, Exceptional Place

NOTICE OF PTA AGM

Monday 16 March 2020 @ 7.00pm in the 

Fairfield Intermediate Staffroom, followed by the 

March PTA Meeting at 7.30pm

Dear Parents/Caregivers

It’s that time of year again, the PTA AGM.  Irrespective of whether existing people on the Committee chose to stand again or not, all office positions are available to be elected (Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer).

This year our Co-Secretaries are stepping down so we are looking for a keen person/s to contribute in this role.

All existing office holders are happy to mentor/train anyone who is interested in taking on the position, either for this year or in preparation for next year.

If you would like to nominate yourself or anyone else for any of the positions, please contact Mrs Cameron at the school office either by calling in or via email jcameron@fairfieldintermediate.school.nz.

The PTA is a great opportunity to meet people and be involved in the school, and to contribute towards activities that benefit the students and school community. The main functions of the PTA are to support the school, provide a link between the students and their caregivers and the school, and to fundraise for extra resources for the school. 

If you have a spare hour or two each month and want to find out how you can be involved, please come along.

Anyone is welcome to attend the Fairfield Intermediate Parent Teacher Association meetings (PTA).  The dates for these are placed on the school Facebook Page and are held @ 7.00 pm in the School Staffroom.  

Parking is available in the school car park off Kensington Place.

Being a member of the PTA is a great way to meet new people and to find out first-hand what is happening within our school. The PTA runs two or three fundraisers during the year and only requires a small investment of time (no, really!).  Don’t worry if you can’t attend meetings regularly, we can still use your help.  All welcome!

WHAT IS THE PTA?

The PTA (Parents’ and Teachers’ Association) is a group of parents who want the best for the school and its students. The PTA meets monthly in term time at 7.00 pm in the school staffroom to discuss school events and fundraising ideas.

WHO ARE THE MEMBERS OF THE PTA?

Parents and caregivers of children enrolled at Fairfield Intermediate.   Our current Chairperson is Dawn Percy who can be contacted through the school (855 9718).

WHAT DOES THE PTA DO

Fundraise - The PTA fundraises to buy items for the school not funded within the school budget, as suggested by staff and students. Each year the PTA raises and donates over $15,000 to the school for the purchase of items such as class sports equipment, digital cameras, a wireless microphones, boxed reader sets and magazines for the library as well contributing to supporting the AIMS games team and sponsoring the school Citizenship Awards.

Fundraising events include an Easter Raffle, selling the Entertainment Book, selling goodies at the Production nights, an annual Garage Sale and a Christmas Raffle.

Liaise - We are the link between students, their families and the school. At PTA meetings a Board of Trustees' representative is present as well as the Principal and a Deputy Principal.  The School Management and BOT representative keep us informed of current and future events in the school and are happy to answer questions on any aspects of the school. So it’s a great way to find out what is going on at Fairfield Intermediate!

HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO BE ON THE PTA

If you can spare a couple of hours per term that would be great. You don’t need to be able to attend the monthly meetings but it’s useful to come when you can. If you can’t attend any meetings we hope you are able to help with fundraising events instead, as many hands make light work! 

Come along, meet some new parents and contribute to making your child’s school a better one!